Diving Deeper into the Self, Overflowing into the World
“This I mean my mind to serve til service is but magic moving through the world…”
The intention of the Poetry Depths Mystery School Year Two is to support each student to continue to deepen her/his personal relationship with the transformative medicine of poetry as a process of awakening and expressing who they really are in both personal and professional realms.
This course will have several components:
- Two in person five-day retreats
- One or two optional Daylong “At Home/Virtual” Retreats in March or April to be conducted through a structure of Group phone calls, dyadic skype or phone sessions, and guided solo self-inquiry.
- 1 one-to-one skype session with Kim
- Four two hour video gatherings. These will alternate between focusing on personal experience — poetry dives, personal healing, group connection and creative expression – and learning, teaching and being transformed by the lessons that arise as we bring the medicine of poetry to practice sessions working with individual “poem-divers” to help them bring forth their soul’s expression through embodying the poems they are drawn to.
- Invitations to bring poetry into professional or personal circumstances in specific ways; and/or to explore reading or writing which supports our inquiry. Invitation to be an “Ally-in-Training” with year one students.
- A web forum (“Writing on the Temple Wall”) where participants can converse with and support one another and also write reports on the homework
Dates: The two in-person retreats will be at Spirit House, in Woodacre, California.
They will be January 20 – 25, 2017 and June 9 – 14, 2017. Attendance is required.
Video gatherings, virtual retreats and individual sessions to be scheduled in communication with participants.
Tuition and Payment options 2017: The cost of the course is $2000, plus room and board for the two in-person retreats (approx $140 per night, $700/retreat, $1400 total). Payment plans and payment through PayPal are available, please contact Kim at email@example.com. Some scholarship funds are available.
PLEASE LET US KNOW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE THAT YOU ARE INTERESTED. To hold your place, send a deposit of $500 in US Funds to Kim at 100 Toyon Road, Fairfax, CA 94930. THE BALANCE OF THE TUITION IS DUE BY DECEMBER 1, 2016. To arrange for a payment plan or to submit your payment by PayPal or (for those outside the US) Transferwise, please contact Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For those who need a payment plan, you may pay in three installments. The installment dates are December 1, 2016; March 1, 2017; June 1, 2017. Please send to Kim post-dated checks for all three installments in advance of December 1, 2015 (address is above). If you are from outside of the US, you can pay by check in US Dollars drawn on a US bank or by PayPal on or before the above dates. You will be responsible for the payments on those dates whether you complete the course or not.
If you find that you cannot attend the Mystery School, let us know as soon as possible and we’ll try to fill your space with someone from the waiting list. If we or you can fill your space, we’ll refund your payment, minus $150 administrative fee. If you cancel after November 1, 2016 and we cannot fill your place, you will be responsible for the full payment. Please contact Kim if you’d like more information.